Saturday, August 26, 2017

Learning more on my journey

Good evening friends, as each week passes I learn a little more of what life with cancer, life having chemo is like. It's not all fun an games that's for sure. To some because I'm on a trial with one of the top cancer centers in the US, they look at me as though all is great. I've been asked why don't you look sick? Well not all illnesses, diseases, health issues are visible.



Here's some of what I've learned over the past 9 weeks (this is my treatment range thus far).
1. I'm tired when most are ready to hit their day running.
2. I might sleep eight hrs be up for two and sleep another hour. Do I want to do this? No. It's something I'm having to adjust to.
3. I have pains at times others don't understand. I recently found out neuropathy is now a part of my life. If you don't know what this is, it affects your hands and feet. For me it's both, where another it might be only there hands.
I haven't let this stop me. Today for example it was frustrating to practice piano because my fingers felt tingly an a little numb at times. What did I do? I just kept going. Prayed for strength to get my practice time in and continued. Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee...."
4. Planning my day according to how I feel. Another blog was shared with me and the lady who has the blog had an entry on the Spoon Theory. Not the exact title but she used spoons to explain her energy level to a friend. That has helped our family in so many ways.
5. Having, learning to say, "no". This is really hard for me. Especially when I'm having a good day (s). This isn't just to others but to myself. My husband has told me many times, "know yourself". Well, I do, or so I thought. I'm learning more and more to "know" myself.

These are just a few things to help you, that may not understand, to understand more about those who suffer from an invisible illness.

I make each day amazing as I go though in odd ways, or silly ways, sometimes in important ways. I don't dwell on me. God gives me the strength I need from day to day. Trust in the Lord, lean on his word, grow in His word, pray without ceasing.

Yes I have my down days but I don't stay there. God's to good and he gave me an amazing day to make more Amazing! This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Friend call unto the Lord! Trust in the Lord!
Make Today Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...