Tuesday, August 15, 2017

What is your "platform"?

Good evening! I hope each of you are having a wonderful day and that each of you are doing well in each area of your life. Over the past couple of days I've been reading in Matthew and well today, I couldn't get one thought out of my mind, use this journey as a platform. See back in May shortly after I was diagnosed I was talking with Mrs. Kelly Johnson, whom I share the same journey with. It of course isn't a journey we want to add people to but as time goes by others also will join the journey. Kelly had talk to me about having a platform for good, for encouraging, for giving the gospel and so on. As I was in Matthew 5 a verse that I'm sure you all know just jumped out at me, like never before.



Matthew 5: 16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is heaven." The part we'll look at in this verse is, "Let your light so shine before men...."

Are you using your platform to let your light shine? Are you being a witness to others? Are you using your life in Christ to show Christ? As we go about our daily lives we should be an example of Christ-likeness. Not this look at me I'm better than you, or I'm so good you should do as I do. No. We are to be a witness and let the love of Christ shine through us. It doesn't matter who you are or where you go. When it comes to witnessing to someone, put a deaf person in front of me and I can witness to them with no problems whatsoever. Put me in front of a hearing person and well, my shyness comes out immediately. I've wondered why I'm like that and I really can't say why. However, I will witness to the hearing just like I would a deaf person. I have to work harder on my platform of witnessing to the hearing but I allow Christ to lead and guide my words.

See my platform, can be used in a variety of ways. I can encourage another with cancer, by sending them notes, calling or visiting. I can use my own cancer to show another that life with cancer isn't the end of the world, that through Christ all things are possible. I can use the time I'm surrounded by those with cancer or other illness (My Mondays at Dana-Farber) that Jesus Loves them and cares for them just as he cares for me. There are many area's in my own life I can use as a platform, not for praise, but for uplifting, encouraging and letting my light shine for Christ.

In your place of work, you can have a platform as someone who is different. The one who doesn't tell the dirty jokes, the one who looks sharp and talks right. At school, if you are the teacher or the student you can have a platform. "Let your light so shine before men...." 


So make your day amazing or even someone else's day amazing by being a light for Jesus Christ.
********************

To give a brief update on how I'm things are going. I have 3 more treatments in Boston. The doctors are very pleased with how things are going. I seem to be having a much better time since my 3rd treatment unlike the 2nd where I was sick throughout almost the whole 3 weeks. God has very good to us in his provision.

My next appointment is August 28th, the Lord has already provided the finances for this trip. We are so very grateful for.

Make Today Amazing!

1 comment:

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...