Friday, August 4, 2017

What "dot" in your life is consuming you?

Good Morning! Kind of an odd topic isn't it? I was watching a video clip earlier and it had such truth to it. A classroom of students were ask to write what they saw on a paper they were given. On this paper in the center was One black dot. All the students focused their responses to that one black dot. Well, after watching this clip I thought how can you and I apply this to our lives?

What is the dot in your life? As you know because of this particular blog my dot is breast cancer. Now I can let this consume my every thought, action, emotion etc. An I will admit sometimes it consumes my day. Do I want it to? No, but there are times it does. So, how do I change this "dot" in my life to where it's not the center of everything?

One is giving it to the Lord. As I have probably said in every entry on my blog, God wasn't surprised, he knew what I would learn on May 9th when I went to the doctors. God knows what I have and will face from here on out. Now, even with knowing this I do have days such as this past Wednesday where it just seemed to consume my every thought. With prayer, and support from my husband and God I got through it. Then yesterday I was able to focus on the bigger picture of my life, learning and gaining knowledge about music, piano to be specific. To my surprise it's really starting to come together :) I'm starting to learn things that I wish I had learned years ago about playing the piano. I believe though, God knew this time of my life I would need a good, learning, focal point and Piano is it!


I know so many with cancer, but if you are saved, living for the Lord and doing what he wants in Romans 8:28 and 31 we're told all things work together for good! I still sometimes question what's next, but also as the scripture says, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" 

I'm not perfect nor do I claim to be, I just want to share what God's given me and let people saved and unsaved alike know that there is a God! He is the Great I AM! He is the Great Physician! He is All Knowing! He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! He is MY SAVIOUR and he wants to take your "dot" your all consuming trouble and bear it for you. If you are family reading this, a friend or someone I've never met God Loves You! 

So yes, I focus on my cancer in this blog BUT I don't let it consume my every thought, my every day of life. It's there I know it is, and some days I'm in pain, in tears, even overwhelmed BUT God has me in his hands, and he will carry me through. 

So on Sunday - I focus on the Lord, church, friends and family
On Monday - If not chemo day *smile such as this coming Monday the 7th of August. I focus on my home, my husband my children.
Tuesday and Wed I repeat part of Monday by focusing on my home, my husband and my children
Thursday - I get to add to that Piano with Mrs. Marion and soul winning telling other of Christ. (let me insert here soul winning isn't just one day a week it's all the time) 
Friday - is kind of my day and I choose different things to do and focus on. 
Saturday - many times I will rest and make sure health wise I'm able to be in church on Sunday and start all over on my focusing. 

Now my weeks DO NOT always work out this way and there are some days that the "dot" takes over. But as my dear pastors wife has told me, "don't allow yourself to stay there". Meaning if it's a rough day or bad day don't stay there work on getting back to the positive, to what is good for you. 

So, What is your "dot"? 
Don't let it make your day un-amazing (is that a word *hee hee) but rather AMAZING! 

Go out my friend and Make Today Amazing no matter what "dot" you have in your life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...