Friday, April 6, 2018

What will you do during your trial?

Good Evening, Oh my I didn't realize how long it had been since I posted anything here. It's been almost a month since I posted last so I'll try to catch you up on everything. 

Chemo is officially over as off, March 7th. Then I as supposed to have 3 weeks with none or only a few appointments that didn't happen. Hahaha  So my year long treatments are still going, once every three weeks. Those are a breeze pretty much :)  I had to start PT for my left arm as, I have had lymphedema start. I was praying I wouldn't have to worry about it but since I do I'll just go on and not worry to much.

I'm now in full swing of having radiation take place. I've completed eight treatments thus far with 16 to go.  For those who may not know I have treatments five a days week and I have 3-1/2 weeks to go. 

Since starting radiation I decided to have a verse a day. By having a verse a day has helped encourage me and get me through each treatment. It also helps me focus on God and his goodness rather than what is going on. 

A few of the verses I've used as "My verse for the day" are:
~Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." 

~Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." 

~Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."

~Hebrews 12:1 "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."

~Joshua 1:9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."

~Psalms 31:24 "Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD"

~Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me. and I shall be saved: for thou are my praise."

~Psalms 27:14 "Wait on the LORD be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."  

Each verse the Lord gave me and he had something for me that day I could carry with me. It is also a scripture verse a day my nurses hear. While laying there on that cold, hard table having radiation done. I'm quoting these verses out loud. There's not a lot of time that I can actually talk to these ladies but I'm only in there about 10 to 15 minutes max and as soon as I get up they are preparing for the next patient. Praise the Lord though I've been able to give them all tracts and invite them to church. One was an intern so she's already gone back to Boston to finish her schooling.

No matter what you are dealing with, there are ways to be a testimony to others. Whether through song, such as Jesus Loves Me, which I sing or hum almost daily while in radiation along with quoting a verse of scripture.

Back when I first started this blog, I had no idea where God would take it or how it would end up. I have no idea who's life it may (or will) have touched or who it may have (or will) helped. All I know is that I was encouraged to use my Journey of cancer as a platform. To use this to be a light to others. To be an encouragement and example of Christ while traveling a road I had never planned to take. 

When we have a bump in life or a road we didn't plan to take it doesn't mean God is punishing us. It is simply a tool we can use for others. It's a tool that depending on how we choose to use it, depends on what God can do through us and with us.

I'm not a great Christian, I do however try to do my best, sometimes I may flounder, while other times I make it through but with Christ in my life and living a Christ like life to the best of my ability, God will use me or you if we only allow him to. 

So my friend, as you go through life just focus on how you can be a light for Him. 

Blessed Beyond Measure
Make Today Amazing

Update on my appointments:
Monday 4/9 through Friday 4/13 of this next week I have radiation at 10:15 every morning.
Monday 4/16 through Friday 4/20 radiation at 10:15 every morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...