Monday, July 2, 2018

Life after cancer

Good evening, well, I thought I would jump on here and just do a small update of life after cancer.

I have wanted to hit life running just like I was doing before cancer. You know though that does not happen. You have to work back into the old way of life. This past week I was so excited to go to church Sunday all day, then make Monday and Tuesday Conference at church, then Wednesday night church, and yes I did not stop there. On thursday I went up North with my husband to drop a car off, then Friday ran errands. You guessed it, things did not slow down. On Saturday we drove to Vermont for a dear friends wedding, church on Sunday and then yet again today, another wedding though closer to home. Yes, I am beat. So though there is a ton of things I could be doing, want to do, possible need to do, I am slowing down until Wednesday morning.

See, though life does not slow down for me. I will need to pick and choose. Would I have not done any of these things the past nine days, probably not because these were important things but I would have rested a little more or said no to a few things that could have waited.  The only thing different now from a month ago is I am no longer on treatments, however I still have healing, recovering, staying healthy, watching blood counts etc. I have to change some things and be smart in what I do.

Being idle is not in my blood. Sitting around doing absolutely nothing, is not part of my make up. So, I just need to be careful and schedule. I am sharing this because there maybe one out there who thinks I have gone through this journey and I am afraid of doing this or that. Friend as you go through life there are things we can say, No to. There are things that we may need to say, I would love to be a part but I have already over extended myself, or this is a day I have scheduled to do very little. I will admit this is a hard thing for me but if we depend on the Lord and let him guide us and pray about each thing we want, would like or need to do, He will guide you in making the right decisions.

The things is we depended on the Lord through the journey and just because you have made it through does not mean we no longer seek his face. God is a God of love, support, wisdom, strength not just in the valley but on the mountian top as well. We must continue to serve, and do what our Heavenly Father has for us.

So as you/I go into the next phase of the journey remember His Eye Is On The Sparrow and I know He watches Me!

Life does continue after the trial/journey it just has to be at a different pace. Do not stop living, do not stop serving just learn your limits. I will be sharing a few things from Mrs. Marlene Evans boook titled Life After Cancer in the near future. So be looking for another blog post titled Life after Cancer.

Blessed Beyond Measure
Make Today Amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...