Friday, July 21, 2017

Psalms 139 - You are Beautiful

Good afternoon! My second round of chemo went well as far as the treatment. This week has been a little rough on me, I've had a slower time of getting back to doing and going as I do. Then on top of it, I realized (again) that I need to get school materials ordered because we need to start my youngest, Senior year..... Plus there are things that could take place over the next several weeks that I need to care for and with the right spirit. So before we start on what my topic is about I want to share a little of my past week with you.

I would have posted last week but I had the privilege of having my beautiful daughter and granddaughter here with me for a few days. We had the home going service for my brother-in-law Dan Tolman, then our regular church services on Sunday and Monday we were in Boston. So today has been the first day I've actually felt human enough to sit at the computer and do anything :)

So as a Grammy I have to share a few pictures *smiling The first three are part of our visit with Tabitha and Audrey! We had a great visit with them. I loved having them with us and the timing was perfect, although way to short!

 Cuddle time with Pa and Grammy





















The next two are from my treatment the Monday following their visit. Making my day amazing by being with my husband and smiling together, laughing together and more importantly praying together. 


As I've looked at various pictures and I know what is to come or what could be in the future I remember the passage that a former Pastor had suggested I read several years ago for 30 days. It was such a blessing and helped me tremendously, that I decided with what I'm going through now I would read it again only, not just for 30 days, but for as many days I need to get through each day, along with my other Bible reading.

I wanted to share this passage with you today: As you read it don't think of me, but rather think of yourself and what God can do for you through these verses.

Psalms 139:1-24

1. O Lord, thou hast searched me, and know me.
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. 
3. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.
4. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether. 
5. Thou has beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is to wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.
7. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8. If I ascend up into heaven, thou are there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou are there.
9. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10. Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me. 
11. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12. Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
13. For thou has possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
14. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are they works: and that my soul knoweth right well.
15. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. 
17. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18. If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19.Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20. For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take they name in vain.
21. Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22. I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24. And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Just think about this passage of scripture. When you feel unworthy or down just read and reread until the Lord speaks to you through this.
Verse 14 - is one that for now is a key verse for me. God made me as he wanted. He knew before I ever had cancer what was going to happen. As a dear friend reminded me just yesterday my outer looks don't define me, Paula Seavey, its what is inside that defines me. Yes, I'll have my days that I don't feel as though I was fearfully and wonderfully made, but with God's help, my husband standing by me, and dear friends as I mentioned, are with me, by my side, praying for and with me. I will do my best to remember:

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

Lastly, allow God to search your heart, allow God to enter in and clean up your life. It doesn't matter what you have done God Loves you and he wants to lead you in the way everlasting.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

He loved you so much he gave his ONLY Son! The Lord truly wants to know your heart, to lead you, to show you that you are fearfully and wonderfully made.

Cancer - yes you define my health BUT what you may do to my body you don't define! It maybe a picture of what I have. However, my life is what defines me, I'm a Christian, a woman who wants to serve God and to live for him many more years to come!

So, lets make today amazing by not let your circumstances define us. Let your light so shine for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...