Saturday, October 14, 2017

Preparing to go places, Specifically Church

Over the past 5 months our lives have changed! Exactly 5 months ago October 12th, I was told, you have breast cancer. I'll not go through all of the details. Rather I have something else to share with you. I believe in a post last month I talked about things I have to do differently now. Well,  During the month of May I pretty much did my usual when going some place. Then, I learned, as time has gone on; that some days it takes a lot more to go some place than it does other days. As I've been reading Mrs. Marlene Evans book "Cancer My Enemy My Friend" I have not only learned a lot but I've been able to apply scripture to so many areas of my life. If you've not had someone, or you haven't had an illness that is very wearing on your body you may not understand. So may I ask, as you read this that you for just a few minutes put yourself in my shoes.

In Mrs. Evans book she talks about How to Save Yourself for Church. I never really thought about it other than I knew on Saturday to stay home as much as I can. On Wednesday I go no place until Church time. But after reading this chapter in her book I have a new outlook on How to save myself for things such as piano, soul winning and most importantly church.

See on my chemo week (which I just finished round one) I had decided I won't do anything that week. That wasn't good for me. Now I do have to listen to my body and if it's saying NO I have to listen. Otherwise I'm down for more time than I like. So, how can I save myself for things that are important to me? With the assistance of a very dear lady who's now in Heaven I'm going to share with you how those of us who suffer from chronic pain, cancer, or any illness, can live life as close to normal as possible.

1. Prepare for the day you are wanting to go out. Like for me Thursday is when I generally have piano and ladies soul winning. I can prepare by a morning nap. By having everything ready to leave first thing in the morning. Then at 1 when I need to leave I'm rested and can keep my schedule as it was set.  Maybe it's planning for church. Rather than waiting until Sunday morning to decide what I'm going to wear. (which honestly is my preference :) ) Choose your clothes the night before. I have a Sunday bag have it packed the night before. Now I know some of my very organized friends probably already do this and I maybe talking to some of you LOL.

2. On the day that you're wanting to go out Make Sure you take a Nap! On Sunday take an afternoon nap if needed to be in church Sunday night. Now there will be(and for me this has been) that even with the nap I still couldn't make it. You know your limitations and what you can and can't do.

3. Plan your food and medicines! I did this just last night. I know that sometimes after I eat I get sick within 30 minutes sometimes longer. So I planned for it not knowing what I might be eating at the Secret Pal night potluck. I'm very thankful that I did too.

4. Learn to say, "NO" not rudely but just simply that some activities you will need to change. Now if you know me I say Yes a lot faster than I say No. I love to help, serve and be a blessing. However since May I'm learning that can't always happen.

5. Pay attention to the Preaching. Put aside what is bothering you, or that you left dishes in the sink. Let the Holy Spirit speak to you through the sermon. It may be the very thing you need to get through you next infusion, your next appointment or just to get through the next week.

6. Sing, give your tithes and offerings, pray, be a part of the service, that you are able to be in that day! I can't count the number of times I went into church determined to enjoy being with my church family and to get something out of the sermon. Those were and are the best services I'm in. Because as hard as it is, I put aside what Paula was thinking on or what Paula is going through and focused on my church family and the service.

7. During this time you are down, become the best prayer warrior you can be! Pray for your Pastor, your assistant Pastor, for the deacons, for the church family!

"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as you see the day approaching."  Hebrews 10:24 & 25

Friends as you read this, yes parts of each point are from Mrs. Evans book, but think about what so many people go through JUST TO GO TO CHURCH. I asked you to put yourself in my shoes as you read this. I have constant pain in my feet and some in hands from neuropathy. I can't let that stop me from ever serving God. Just recently I told the Lord pain or not I am going to continuing furthering my knowledge in music. I LOVE playing the piano, learning more about it. I'm not a professional by no means but I LOVE IT! What are you going through that you are allowing to rule you rather than you rule it?

When I was 12 years old, I told the Lord while in Mexico on a missions trip that I would serve him wherever and with whomever the Lord wanted me to be. I met in 1990 the Love of my life! In 1991 we were married. I have stood by my husband through thick and thin, now is sickness and health. We have had some very rough times but neither of us ran the other direction rather we clung to God and each other. Today, we live in the beautiful state of Maine, serving our Lord at the greatest church ever, Victory Baptist Church, with the Greatest Pastor Rick Walter. Our church is having a rough time right now, but you'll not see us run, or our Pastor run! Why? no matter the trial God is with us and he will carry us through what he brought us to.

So friend, Serve God, Healthy, chronic pain, illness that no one sees..... Let me say here, I do understand there are some who can't do all I've talked about. I also know, that no matter where you are YOU CAN PRAY!

So, make Today Amazing how? By preparing and planning for where you want, should go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...