Saturday, October 7, 2017

"...Making a Difference."

Jude 22 "And of some having compassion, making a difference."

I'm not talking about having a compassion on me, but rather me having compassion on others. Yes, I'm going through a trial of cancer but that doesn't mean I stop having compassion and trying to make a difference in another persons life.

In my last post I mentioned a lady, Mrs. Betty who had gone on to heaven. She had compassion for others and she made a difference. She made a difference in my daughters life, in my moms life. in my life and in countless others lives. I met Mrs. Betty in April of last year when I went to NC for the baby shower of our first grandbaby. She was a greeter at the door of Twin Rivers Baptist Church with her husband. Mrs. Betty always had a smile, and friendly hello. To personally talk to her and see her was just a few times. However when she found out that her friend, my mom, daughter had breast cancer it wasn't long after that I received a card from her. She was sweet, encouraging, and uplifting in what she said. I never once asked her for anything, but I would send a thank you occasionally for praying for me. Then one day I received a blanket and she had put on it Proverbs 3:5-6 and Love, Mrs. Betty. There was other gestures of compassion that she showed as well. Although her own cancer had returned and although she had gotten sick, she continued to send me a card at least twice a month sometimes more. After her passing I was thinking how I could make a difference for someone!

So I'm going to give a few ideas that you, whether healthy or fighting an illness can do:

1. Write a letter ALL positive, uplifting, and encouraging. Don't lay your burdens on them yes we all have burdens but this is about them NOT you.
2. If you can a small gift occasionally.
3. Make it someone close or far away. The Lady I've chosen to try and make a difference in her life lives in another state.
4. Make a difference during your trial by witnessing to others and telling them of Christ. This will be the best and most crucial one of all. Use your trial, your time in the valley as a platform to help build the bridge and be a light for others.

These are just a few things that you can do having compassion and making a difference in another persons life. It only takes a few minutes of your time to make another filled loved and cared for.

Make Today Amazing how? Be the ONE to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...