Friday, October 27, 2017

Another Reality Check

Back in June I had written about having a Reality Check.... Well, I've kind of reached that stage again where there's another reality check. On this upcoming Monday I'll go through the various test that was done back in May and June. Only they'll pretty much ALL be in one day. *Bright side, I don't have to study for them Ha Ha!

So Monday will be about "normal" then we'll get to see some of Boston other than Dana Farber :) Tuesday though is going to be a little more intense. I'm not just meeting with doctors but with the surgeon. Now, with God all things are possible and they very well could say, NO surgery needed. However, from my understand the type of cancer I have that's the majority of the cure is having the surgery.

The last few post I've done, I've looked at different things Mrs. Marlene Evans wrote in two of her books. I'm so thankful for my Pastors wife who put out a request to get me these books and for the ladies who have allowed me to borrow or have them. I'm also so very grateful for my Pastor who prays for cares about the members of the church.

So, even though I'm NOT looking forward to any type of surgery I'm depending on the Lord to give peace, comfort and understanding as we meet with the doctors on Tuesday. So as I refer to another chapter in Mrs. Evans book "There's life after Cancer",  "Have you ever felt as if no one, not even God, understood you and that you were cut off from the world? Affliction and trouble can overwhelm you. Others do feel that way even today. You are not alone." Psalms 102:7 "I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

The greatest thing is, that not even the sparrow goes unwatched by God? As his child, I am watched over and cared for more than ever. These long days of pain every time I stand or walk through the house, the Lord knows. When my hands hurt to the point I don't want to practice piano, the Lord knows!!! As I look at the last week I may have had 4 rough days, but today I was able to do a little more and enjoy it.

Romans 8:35-39 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For they sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

We are more conquerors! That's exactly what I am! I won't give up and no matter what the Lord brings my way, I have the word of God to lean on, to encourage and teach!!

So by having the Bible, reading it, and letting the Holy Spirit speak to you through God's Word how can one go wrong. Making decisions with God on your side even if you don't understand the why, Remember Proverbs 3: 5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

So following these tips in Mrs. Evans book:
1. Keep your Bible with you at all times!
2. Let the Bible direct you to soul winning!
3. Let the Bible direct you to church!
4. Let the Bible lead you to prayer! "Pray without ceasing."

As the journey of cancer has taken me down many roads, through many things I never thought I'd have to go through, One thing I am so thankful for this Journey has brought me and my family closer to God!

So as you make your day amazing by doing various things make sure that you never feel your alone because God is always there, you can always read your Bible and Pray.  Make today Amazing just trusting in the Lord and remembering that he'll never leave you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...