Saturday, November 18, 2017

Taking a Roller Coaster ride of emotions.....

Good Evening everyone I'm not sure exactly at this moment what I'll title this post because I have so much going through my mind, heart, so many emotions.... This week has been a week of tears, lose, Heavens gain, joy, wondering if I made a right decision. Remember Dr. Hyles preaching not to make a decision when your decision maker is broken. There's been physical pain, emotional pain, thankfulness and wondering why one must go so soon. These have all been my thoughts and emotions since last Monday morning on our way to Boston for my mastectomy.

This past Monday I had my first major surgery and yes I was nervous. Through prayer, and the prayers of many I am doing well. The scheduled two hour surgery only took 45 minutes which is a huge blessings! This is a blessing in that what they thought would be a lot of cancer to still remove was a lot less. I spent the night in the hospital and was able to come home on Tuesday. I now have an in home nurse who come 3 times a week for a few weeks.
The scars that will remain behind from having a mastectomy will always be there and as of yet, I'm completely ready for this part of life, but I can say, "God is good and he doesn't allow anything in our lives that we can't handle." So, after my surgery I did have the wonderful privilege to come home and have my momma here for a few more days. She and my daddy were here the week before and thank the Lord for friends who made it possible for her to stay an extra week so would be here after my surgery. Though the Lord has allowed me to see victories through my cancer Heaven has gained a very special Man of God, our Pastor, Rick Walters. He lost his battle to cancer and is now walking streets of gold and sitting at Jesus feet. His family and our church has lost a great man but Heavens gained. a true man of God.

As I mentioned this week has been a whole realm of emotions. Scars that I'll learn to live with, pain that will go away, decisions that weren't easy to make for my husband and I. Ladies, when you go through anything and if you are married, DO NOT exclude your husband! You and your spouse are ONE! I could never have made the decisions that we've made the last few months without the love and support of my spouse, my love, my husband! I couldn't have gone through any of this without the Lord! He'll never leave me nor forsake me!

Typing this is a bit painful as my lymph nodes were cut in my left arm due to the cancer. I am gaining back full use of my arm. god has given me grace, peace and strength to get through each day. so one handed typing isn't going to bad. smile

As you go through a trial, lose, or anything who do you depend on?
Psalms 40:2 "He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings."
I use this verse a lot but there's so much truth in it. "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understand. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:9 "Honour the LORD with thy substance...."

Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say Rejoice!

Without Christ, the Bible, Prayer, Church, family, friends we/I couldn't get through this week and weeks to come. My desire is if you don't know Jesus as your Saviour that you would accept him. John 3:16 "For God so loved the world (put your name here) that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever (you) believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." Friend how many people that would give up their only child for the world, for you or anyone? The only one I know is our Lord! That just shows how much he loves you and wants you to be with him. How much he wants to be in your life, in your decisions, in your hard times, in your trials. If you have never asked Jesus to save you, please take the time to simply ask for his forgiveness and to come into your heart. I'd love to hear from you if you do this! If you need help feel free to contact me.

Yes, my heart is breaking for my Pastors family. Yes, I miss my Pastor. Yes, I have and am in pain at various points of my day and night. Yes, I have difficult decisions to make BUT I have my wonderful Lord to depend on and ONLY he can Make Today Amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...