Monday, December 18, 2017

It's Ok to say, "No, I can't do that"

Good afternoon to all my amazing friends, family, prayer warriors and countless others. I have no idea who all reads this blog or who is praying for us during my journey. I do know that without a doubt the Lord is taking care of us through it all.

This week will start the Year long journey that I/we as  a family are facing. During all the treatments, chemo and radiation we have a graduation to plan for, Jason has business math to finish, I have piano lessons, my wonderful husband has appointments to go to with me, some of his own appointments plus so much more. However we'll simply take the next 365 days one day at a time. Trusting in the Lord each step of the way!

For those who want to know my appointment tomorrow is at 9:30 then on Wednesday my day will start at 8:30 in the morning with Blood draw then approximately around 10 I'll start the infusion which will go for six hours. This will be my last treatment for 2017.

So that is the very short of a very long list of appointments, of  which  I was told about on Thursday. This past Thursday we had several things that were planned but by mid morning I had to say, "No, I'm unable to do that today." Not because I decided just not to do those things, but I needed time to process. If you are going through ANYTHING you need to be able to say, "No" sometimes. You may say, "but you've been going through these things for eight months what more is there to process?" Well, when I was told I had this other appointments I didn't know the extent of it all, and when my doctor called on Thursday it was a bit overwhelming. As I was told that afternoon, it's ok to say, No. I was also told, "you don't need to just push through and pretend everything is normal. Sometimes you need to take time out and process." I'm so thankful for that and the understanding of our (Interim) Pastor and his wife. Even though we had a big yearly event planned, they understood and I didn't have to worry about that evening.

It took me a lot of that afternoon, and evening to really process not only the upcoming appointments of the next year but other things.

So as you go through you daily lives, as you face different things in your life realize that sometimes you just need to say, OK, it's not a normal day, I need this time to process or I need to NOT do this or that. We all, myself included, have days where seeing people, talking with someone specific, or seeing certain people is hard it's ok. Once you realize that just because one isn't here or there doesn't mean necessarily mean they are sick, or don't want to see you, it very simply could be they are having to process things in their life.

So as you go through your day, Make it amazing, Make someone's day amazing. If they say, No don't take it personally but rather say ok an go on.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...