Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Serving the Lord, New Treatment, God's Good!!!

Isaiah 41:10 "Fear thou not for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Yesterday was another day for "starting" a new chemo. Our Pastor sent me this verse yesterday morning early, before I even went to the cancer center. As we were leaving to make our 15 min drive to the cancer center I was checking text and you know, God is watching out for you and having others to pray for you when one text was sent 4:30 am, another at 5 yet several others between 6 and 8 am. We, my husband an I had prayed Sunday night and again Monday morning that the Lord's will be done with this treatment, adding that everything running smoothly would be our preference. :)  Throughout the day I received various text from family, friends, and church family. God will never leave you or forsake. He gives us friends and family to love us and support us. 

To back up to earlier in the week, I haven't been able to go out soul-winning for some time, some health some weather. Gotta love Maine weather :) I was praying that the Lord would allow me to be able to go out soul-winning, then Thursday fell through for Ladies soul winning. Then I found out my husband wasn't working over time and we were going out on Saturday at our 12:30 soul winning time! The Lord answered my prayer in allowing me to be able to go out. Our Pastor gave us a visit we could make which turned into three in a way, one being via phone :) So then, when Monday came around I was nervous but knew I had done what the Lord would want during the previous week and the weekend. Staying faithful is key to anything you do, especially when it comes to serving the Lord. 

So on Monday after having a small glitch with my port, blood flow wasn't right at first, the rest of the day was looking pretty good. As I went into "my" chair for infusion, Cheryl, my nurse with a smile said, "I'll be watching you like a hawk." So, I was watched like you wouldn't believe! I had one of my sister in laws, my husband and a nurse right there the whole time! I also had my nurse call button in my hand the entire time letting go of it very little. I may have looked as though I was ready for a game or something *ha ha ha. The new chemo was started as she started the IV, tears began to roll, I will say even though I was thinking of the verse my Pastor had sent I was scared! There was thoughts of just two weeks before, I was so grateful for my sister in law and husband who quickly stepped up to my chair and we prayed. The peace that passeth understanding. As my husband prayed, such a peace and calmness came over me. I thank the Lord that he watches out for his own. Praise the Lord the treatment went very well.  

I'll now explain about the new chemo. I'm sure others could explain this better than I, but here goes: Abraxane - its a different form of paclitaxel than Taxol (chemical name Paclitaxel) In earlier studies it's shown Abraxane offers more benefits than a solvent-bases taxane when treating metastic breast cancer. 

When it comes down to which is better Abraxane or Taxol It does depend on your stage of cancer. The Taxol generally is the first choice for Breast Cancer, which is what I had given me two weeks ago.  When you have a reaction as I did, then other choices need to be made. As I said in my last blog post I almost died on Monday, January 8, 2018 because of the Taxol caring agent. Which puts me in a whole different realm of what treatments they can use for me. My doctors told me that the Abraxane is a cousin to Taxol with less harsh side affects as Taxol. I could still have a reaction but Praise the Lord I didn't! 

There are mild side affects, headaches, nausea, dizziness, hair loss etc.... Today, I've dealt with headaches all day. As I'm typing this I have a very mild headache but sitting in bed with lights low and working on this doesn't seem to be making it worse thankfully. 

As I face the next 11 weeks of chemo with 4 weeks including the treatments I get every three weeks for the next year, I believe God has a purpose and a plan for this all. My nurse yesterday as we talked and invited her to church and asked if she had ever accepted Christ into her heart. Was very sure of her salvation. She had been saved at Truth Baptist Church in Jefferson, ME, now Pastored by, Bro. Lovelace, years ago under a different Pastor. 

Friend, it doesn't matter what you are going through you can be a testimony for Christ! I'm naturally shy (some who read this may laugh if you know me well) but really I am naturally shy. It doesn't come easy for me to witness to people. I can sit in front of my computer and type and witness to people all day, because I'm not coming face to face with them. Put me out in the world, going door to door, if I don't know you I'm not as apt to talk, but with prayer and Lord's leading I and you can witness to anyone. 

The fear of having cancer, the fear of a third chemo going into my body, the fear of talking to someone about Christ, God can and will help you through each and every step. Fear isn't of God, so depend on God, trust in Him and His word to get you through each step of life. It doesn't matter if that next step is going for new job. God can and will give you the strength, wisdom and help needed to get there. God's grace is sufficient for YOU and for ME!!! 

Isaiah 41:10, "Fear thou not for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Have Been Blessed

Some new updates and prayerfully  encouragement  for any who reads this. I shared some post I had posted in other places. So the dates go b...